I started this Feathers quilt at the beginning of the year. The pattern can be found here. I loved the graphic look of this quilt and I had the idea of really playing with the colors. I knew I wanted the background to be dark purple. So this is how I layed it out to get the gradated look I wanted. I kept things organized by pinning the strips to the actual paper patterns. I was really excited and motivated to work on this quilt. There are more “in progress” pictures on my Flickr page. This is the first large paper piecing project I’ve done. It’s kind of a pain when you’re putting it all together with the paper still on. Once that was done, it was on to the task of removing all the paper. This actually wasn’t too bad, because I did most of it while I talked with my dear friend on the phone ( thanks Lynn ). Here’s the completed top. Millie approved! Now for the task of quilting it. I’m not too sure how I’m going to approach it, but it always comes to me in the end. I have to say, I really love this quilt. It turned out exactly how I envisioned.
02 06 14